Friday 5 March 2010

Track Thursday

After the roaring success of the video I made last weekend (54 views so far and counting…), I was inspired to make another video today, but this time of one of Andrea’s track workouts. About 5 minutes before we left for the track in the morning I thought that I may as well take the camera along and give it a go. It isn’t an easy job trying to film and then also read times and give Andrea feedback while she is running around at some speed. I often have to get my skates on to run across the bog in the middle of the track to give splits which whilst filming can be a bit tricky. Taking on the role of coach and film crew is not an easy task! I’m reasonably happy with the outcome, although I could have done with more footage of Andrea running and the footage I did get being less jumpy. Next time I could do with an assistant. Any volunteers?

Anyway below is the video. I certainly enjoyed making it and I hope you enjoy watching it.





Apart from that we drove around 30min out of Eugene to another of Oregons state parks. This one was Alderwood state park, and again it was really quiet - something which we both like. It seems that a lot of the forests around Oregon are redwood and a lot of them get this moss covering virtually everything so that some parts are really pretty.


Spooky forest.



Andrea admiring the scenery.


In the evening we watched a couple of episodes of south park and the American office on TV, whilst I edited the video. We then headed out to a local bar to rekindle Thirsty Thursday, which has been on hold the last few weeks. Not any more though!!

2 comments:

  1. Loving the video guys!! Very pro Chris. Fab choice of music too - good taste. Andrea - you look awesome on the track; good luck with the up-and-coming 1500m....you rock!!!! Em x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to watch your training Andrea it looked really good. Keep the videos coming Chris I'm really enjoying them
    Love Rhona and Jack

    ReplyDelete